VARIETY – The Santa Barbara International Film Festival has announced the lineup for its upcoming 32nd edition, including its international gala event and opening and closing films.
Running from Feb. 1-11, the festival will open with the world premiere of the documentary “Charged,” and will close on a period note with Lone Scherfig’s comedy-drama “Their Finest,” which stars Gemma Arterton, Sam Claflin and Bill Nighy.
This year’s festival will offer a wide array of films from over 50 countries, and will feature 51 world premieres and 64 US premieres, along with tributes to the year’s top talent, and panel discussions.
The festival will kick off the festival on Wednesday, Feb. 1, with a screening of “Charged,” a documentary directed by Phillip Baribeau, which chronicles the journey of chef and outdoorsman, Eduardo Garcia and his recovery after being electrocuted by 2,400 volts of electricity, miles from help in the Montana backcountry. Garcia had his hand amputated, lost ribs, muscle mass and nearly his life as a result of the incident.
The documentary is produced by Dennis Aig and Phillip Baribeau along with executive producers Teri Weinberg, Scott Ballew, Doug Ellin, Peter Hochfelder, Constance Schwartz-Morini and Michael Strahan.
Another of the festival’s segments will be an international gala, the centerpiece of which will be the French-Belgian drama “Heal the Living,” directed by Katell Quillévéré and starring Tahar Rahim, Emmanuelle Seigner, and Anne Dorval.
“Their Finest,” a British comedy scheduled for a March 24 release, will close the festival. The movie is set in Britain in 1940 and stars Gemma Arterton as a scriptwriter working on propaganda films who realizes the government sponsored work could use a “woman’s touch.” Together with another writer Buckley (Claflin), the pair set out to make an epic feature film based on the Battle of Dunkirk, starring fading movie star Ambrose Hilliard (Bill Nighy).
The first ever trailer for Gemma’s new movie Their Finest is finally here, and it looks so great! Be sure to visit our partner site on Gemma’s co-star Sam Claflin – The Claflin Place!
1940, London, the Blitz; with the country’s morale at stake, Catrin (Gemma Arterton), an untried screenwriter, and a makeshift cast and crew, work under fire to make a film to lift the nation’s flagging spirits; and inspire America to join the war. Partnered alongside fellow screenwriter, Buckley (Sam Claflin) and eccentric actor Ambrose Hilliard (Bill Nighy), the trio set off to make a film that will warm the hearts of the nation and capture the imagination of the American population.
– Modeling + Charity Model Work > Neutrogena – Commercial #1 (2016)
– Modeling + Charity Model Work > Neutrogena – Commercial #2 (2016)
– Modeling + Charity Model Work > Neutrogena – Commercial #3 (2016)
– Modeling + Charity Model Work > Neutrogena – Commercial #4 (2016)
– Stage > Saint Joan (2016) > National Theatre Live Saint Joan – Trailer
Updated the gallery adding an outtake from The Hollywood Reporter portraits session taken during the 2016 Toronto Film Festival, when Gemma was there to promote Their Finest with the rest of the cast.
Their Finest is also featured in the latest issue (January 14) of the italian magazine Gioia, for which I added the scan in the gallery as well!
Enjoy them, and be sure to follow the site on twitter @GArtertonOnline! :)
– Photoshoots & Portraits > 2016 Toronto International Film Festival – “Their Finest” THR Portraits (2016)
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2017 > Gioia (Italy) – January 14, 2017
– Movies & Television > The History Of Love (2016) > Official Trailer #2
– Movies & Television > Orpheline (2016) > Clip #1
– Movies & Television > Bonobo – Kerala (2016) > Screencaptures
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Premiere (France) – November/December 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Version Femina (France) – November 7-13, 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Marie Claire (France) – December 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Télé 7 Jours (France) – November 5-11, 2016
– Hannah Arterton > Events > “Saint Joan” Press Night – After Party
– Movies & Television > The History Of Love (2016) > Posters & Covers
On Monday night – December 19th – took place the Press Night for Gemma’s new play Saint Joan, running at the Donmar Warehouse ’till February 18th, 2017.
Some photos from the After Party – held at The Hospital Club in London – have now been added to the gallery, together with some production shots from the play itself!
Be sure to check our gallery and follow the site twitter @GArteronOnline for more updates!
Back on Sunday, December 04 – Gemma attended the British Independent Film Awards held at the Old Billingsgate Market in London.
She looked like a real queen in a simple one-shoulder black dress, beautiful with just minimal make-up. Several photos from the event have now been added to the gallery, but be sure to follow the site twitter @GArtertonOnline for additions during today/tomorrow!