Gemma is featured in the Spring 2017 issue of Town & Country Magazine UK with a beautiful brand new photoshoot! The issue is going to be on sale from February 23rd, and we’ll try to get our hands on it. In the meantime, enjoy the beautiful previews of the editorial and a piece of her interview for the magazine!
TOWN & COUNTRY UK – In an exclusive interview for the magazine, Arterton talks about her varied career path, which has seen her portray iconic women ranging from the Maid of Orleans in the Donmar Warehouse’s production of Saint Joan to a Bond girl in the Hollywood blockbuster Quantum of Solace. Explaining what motivates her to accept a role, she says: “If I read a script, I won’t have an agenda: if I like it, I’m behind it. But usually that means it’s based around something I care about that resonates with me, so probably it is a feminist standpoint with interesting roles for women.”
She continues: “One of the joys in my life is that in the space of a few months I can go from playing a depressed mother to a Restoration strumpet to a wartime screenwriter […] I live these different lives, asking myself, ‘Can I go to that length? Can I push myself further?’ It’s a way of exploring myself. You’re always learning with each role.”
Arterton also addresses the issue of class and race barriers within theatre, commenting: “In theatre we’ve got people from the poshest you can get, down to me. There’s a real mixture. We should just get over the whole class and race thing, and cast people who are right for the part. Am I just going to complain about it, or am I going to create work that allows me to cast the people I want to? It’s all about control.” (source)
Updated the gallery adding an outtake from The Hollywood Reporter portraits session taken during the 2016 Toronto Film Festival, when Gemma was there to promote Their Finest with the rest of the cast.
Their Finest is also featured in the latest issue (January 14) of the italian magazine Gioia, for which I added the scan in the gallery as well!
Enjoy them, and be sure to follow the site on twitter @GArtertonOnline! :)
– Photoshoots & Portraits > 2016 Toronto International Film Festival – “Their Finest” THR Portraits (2016)
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2017 > Gioia (Italy) – January 14, 2017
– Movies & Television > The History Of Love (2016) > Official Trailer #2
– Movies & Television > Orpheline (2016) > Clip #1
– Movies & Television > Bonobo – Kerala (2016) > Screencaptures
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Premiere (France) – November/December 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Version Femina (France) – November 7-13, 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Marie Claire (France) – December 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Télé 7 Jours (France) – November 5-11, 2016
– Hannah Arterton > Events > “Saint Joan” Press Night – After Party
– Movies & Television > The History Of Love (2016) > Posters & Covers
Gemma is featured in the November 11th issue of Madame Figarò, with an interview and a beautiful illustration by Marc-Antoine Coulon. You can find the digital scan in our gallery, enjoy!
And remember to follow the site on twitter @GArtertonOnline!
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Madame Figarò (November 11, 2016)
Gemma is featured in the December issue of Cosmopolitan – France edition. She looks fantastic in this new photoshoot! Digital scans from the magazine and a couple of outtakes have now been added to the gallery, enjoy!
And remember to follow the site twitter @GArtertonOnline :D
Gemma was featured in the September 14th issue of Grazia Italia, with a beautiful portrait taken during the 73rd Venice International Film Festival! Enjoy the scan(s) in our gallery :)
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Grazia (Italia) – September 14, 2016
– Magazine Scans > Scans from 2016 > Glamour (UK) – August 2016
– Movies & Television > The Girl with all the Gifts (2016) > Official Trailer
– Movies & Television > The Girl with all the Gifts (2016) > Related Clippings > Empire (UK) – July 2016
– Hannah Arterton > Events > Audi Polo Challenge – Day Two
– Hannah Arterton > Events > Glamour Women Of The Year Awards 2016
– Hannah Arterton > Short Films > At First Sight (2013) > Screencaptures – Director’s Cut
– Hannah Arterton > Movies > Walking On Sunshine aka HOLIDAY! (2014) > Walking on Sunshine – Interview 23
– Hannah Arterton > Movies > Walking On Sunshine aka HOLIDAY! (2014) > Walking on Sunshine – Interview 24
– Hannah Arterton > Movies > Walking On Sunshine aka HOLIDAY! (2014) > Walking on Sunshine – Interview 25
– Hannah Arterton > Movies > Walking On Sunshine aka HOLIDAY! (2014) > Walking on Sunshine – Interview 26